Thursday, March 13, 2008

Golfing

Thursday afternoon I went golfing in Mesquite, Nev. and had probably the most fun I've ever had on the links. I went with some co-workers that I really enjoy, and the weather was absolutely perfect.

The first two holes were unbelievably unsuccessful, but I still had a lot of fun. I think I tallied 19 strokes between the two holes, but I loved every minute of it because it I didn't really care how poorly I played. I was just happy to be on the beautiful course with good friends.

The next three holes were weird, though, because I was 1-over-par (bogey, par, par) through the three holes and was centimeters away from sinking back-to-back birdies. Although I was happy to play well then, I found that I was much more frustrated on those three holes than on the previous two that I absolutely tanked.

I think that happens to us too much in life. When things are absolutely horrible, we find a way to have a better perspective and find joy in the truly lovely things in life. When things are going our way we tend to get mad at the littlest things. I think we should all try to shoot below par, but enjoy the course no matter what.

2 comments:

Neil said...

Tell me about the golf shoes man! You have a blog and I found it! How exciting. Hope all is well Dave, Its been too long. I never get back to Utah maybe you need to come out to the East coast one of these days and well go golfing on the banks of the Potomac River or something.

Adam said...

...Aesop's Rules of Golfing #132:
When golfing in Nevada, bring your tweener...sorry you were without yours, let me know and you can borrow mine next time.