Monday, April 28, 2008

Mind Blowing...

I just down loaded Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love. Jeff Robinson introduced me to the song, and I must admit that I like it. Big ups, JRob. The song has got me thinking, though. Do people really love each other as much as Ms. Lewis warbles?

I guess I can understand how one person could love someone else, it's the vice versa part that gets me. It has to be a miracle that one person could happen to be in love with the exact same person who is in love with them. I don't refer to just loving one another, but being madly in love with each other to the point of amorous intoxication. If that even occurs then it has to be a miracle.

In high school it was easy to feel queasily infatuated, but that was more than likely hormonal. I also think it was easier to love because there was less to worry about. My mom took care of my basic needs and I had very few bills. Girls were my life, whether they wanted to be or not.

Now that I'm older I have other things to worry about. I see life from a different perspective and see love in a different life. It's important to note that I also see relationships in a different life. They take work. I haven't seen many actually work at all in my life or in the lives of those closest to me, let alone work out the way my daydreams paint them.

There was one girl I would have married a few years ago. It was an odd feeling. I loved her differently than I have ever loved anyone or anything else. For whatever reason she didn't accept that love. I wasn't even weird about it. I wasn't a nut bar with her or get annoyingly googly every time I was around her. We had real conversations and shared our thoughts and feelings. She just couldn't reciprocate what I tried to give her. Now I'm over it, and she's married to someone else. It still works as a decent case study for me in life, though.

So, I know that I can love. I know that others can love. I'm sure that two people can love each other. I just can't fathom how that will be. I just wonder how much circumstance and outside factors play into the scenario. For example, how many people get married because they really like each other and really don't want to be alone? Or, how often does it occur that one person keeps "bleeding love" and the other just settles because he/she is tired of the game and the chase?

I know that sometimes I date just to date, just to not be on the couch on Friday night. I'm fairly certain that some girls go to dinner with me for the free meal, so I guess we're even. Sometimes, though, I'm genuinely interested. I think some girls are genuinely interested in me at times, but rarely do those interests coincide.

Let it be clear that this is not a complaint. I sat down to write hoping to exercise the demons as it were and try to wrap my head around this concept of shared loved. I got nowhere. Leona Lewis keeps repeating that she's bleeding love and no one can stop her, but I don't know if I believe her. I accept the fact that she could be bleeding love for someone else, but it's hard to believe that that same someone has been cut open as poetically as she has been. I'm not saying that it's not possible, only that it would have to be a miracle.... and I guess miracles happen every day, don't they?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Interesting thoughts on the subject of falling in love. I must agree though, falling in love and having that love reciprocated is difficult at best. I have seen many friends get married over the past few years, and it leaves me feeling confused on the subject.

On the surface, it seems a simple concept, however, in my experience, it has proved very difficult. I have had similar experiences with a guy whom I could have married. He didn't love me the way I loved him. Needless to say, we remain friends and nothing more.

That guy says to have hope, but its hard to keep a hopeful outlook when he is staring me in the face. However, life does go on, and I have seen the miracle of true love in the life of others, just not in my own life. Not yet.

The chase is very wearing and tiring, but my hope is that it all ends well. Will it?

-rachel

Dave Kimball said...

rachel, I tried to answer your question as best I could in my latest blog. I hope it makes sense.

~AliSa~ said...

Hey Dave I found your blog from your facebook page. How are you doing?